Friday, December 19, 2008

School Christmas Activities

Today was Polar Express Day at Indian Land Elementary. All students and teachers wore pajamas to school and participated in various activities related to the storybook. My class took time to discuss the story before we watched the movie together. After completing the movie, each child wrote a story about their trip on the Polar Express and what they would choose if they were given the 1st gift of Christmas. Their stories turned out super cute and very creative.

Erica and I showing off our pj's :-)
My kiddos glued to the movie

Later in the day, the kids performed a rehearsal of their Christmas concert, before heading home for a few hours before the real performance. I had about 14 of my 20 kids that came back for the concert in the evening to perform their "O Hanukkah" song for their parents and families.





1 comment:

Alanna said...

cute pictures... why is it that we never did fun stuff like that when we were in school?!?